Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Lowering Sky

Sandy Approaches -- Foreboding storm clouds roiling above the parking lot as I left work this morning. The gulls carelessly played in the updrafts as below the panic-stricken populace rushes to stock up on batteries, bottled water, and potato chips. 


For my own part, I was more concerned with getting home to prepare my little rooftop garden as best I might for the impending hurricane winds.  A bit early for my annual end of season clean-up (these days we don't see much in the way of frost before the end of November), but I suppose it can't hurt to get these chores out of the way sooner rather than later.  Fountain, fairy lights, and statuary have all been safely packed away, and all the pots have been arranged to take best advantage of the sheltering side of the house.  All this accomplished, there isn't much to do now but wait and see if Nature's fury is indeed as severe as the forecasters have surmised...

No comments:

Post a Comment