Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Social Event of the Season

By this time tomorrow I will be rushing about to complete last minute preparations before heading out to the train station to make my way south to FaerieCon!  This is the third time I will be attending this convention, and the second one I have traveled for (the first being held in my home city).  It really is the most delightful time you could possibly imagine if you are a devote of fantasy, folklore, and magic.  It is full of art, music, and the friendliest people I have encountered anywhere (as Anne would say, there are many kindred spirits among them).

Artwork by Annie Stregg

I am looking forward to the panel discussions, classes, and workshops; exploring the beautiful wares on offer in the marketplace; but most especially seeing many friends and acquaintances who I only encounter at this event.  Since I tend to favor the more reclusive archetypes like Hestia and Artemis, this span of about four days is really the most social interaction I have all year, which may sound a bit odd, but suits me perfectly.  It's rather like a concentrated potion with long-term, lingering effects...

It is uncertain whether I will have time to update while I am away, or indeed if I will even take my laptop on the trip, since one of the nice things for me about a vacation is getting away from technology for awhile.  Regardless, I promise to take copious notes on the goings-on and make a full report upon my return to civilization :)  Also, you may expect a few more entries between now and my departure--though really, I should see to my packing first!

No comments:

Post a Comment